Thursday 16 August 2012

The leaders debates keep coming back to haunt...

The media seem to love running stories when Nick Clegg had to go back on what he said at the leaders debate because of compromising within a coalition.  I wonder why David Cameron isn't getting as much heat for what he said, even though his reneging is all down to his own party:


For the record, I don't think what was proposed was ideal, but it was a damn sight better than what we currently have.  To my mind failing to reform the Lords is the single biggest failure of the Coalition to date - something all leaders agreed should happen in the leaders debate and the three parties all had in their manifesto, but unable to provide a compromise.  Basically it is times like this that I hate politics.

I know I'm a little behind the times talking about the Lord's, but I didn't really have time to write about it previously and that's why the post is so short!

No comments:

Post a Comment