Monday 19 December 2011

A woman's place is in the kitchen...

...according to the Metro at least:


I wonder what percentage of men manage to cook a festive meal without a mishap, how many of them make decent gravy, remember to defrost the turkey and know how long it should be cooked for.  How much of the pressure is also applied by men doing it?


I find it interesting that an article like this is published at the same time as a discussion in the letters page regarding a previous article and the attitude lad's mags have to women.  I feel that stereotypes like the one above are just as bad at demeaning women.  


That said, I think I'll try and be a little more helpful this year when I get back from having a drink with the men whilst the women are in the kitchen... just because it's tradition doesn't make it fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment